The way you arrange your bedroom furniture can make all the difference in the comfort, functionality and style of your room.
Here are some tips for arranging your bedroom furniture.
You’ll want to start with finding just the right place for your bed as your bed will be the focal point of the room.
Here are some things to consider:
* Carefully choose a place that won’t create any obstructions in the room.
* Don’t block doors or make it hard to get into a closet, for example.
If you have plenty of space, you can angle the bed in the corner of the room, giving your room a unique look.
* If your window will be open frequently, you may want to keep the bed away from the window to avoid an uncomfortable draft.
* Make sure there is room for a nightstand on either side of the bed.
Having two nightstands gives more balance to your look, plus makes great places for alarm clocks, the book your reading and even some decorative elements.
For the remainder of your furniture, you’ll have to decide what your storage needs are and how much space you have.
The more space you have, obviously, the more creative you can get.
* Dressers & Chests of Drawers: Determine how much space you’ll need for storing your clothing.
Take into account how much closet space you have and how much more you’ll need in draws.
A traditional dresser will take up more floor space, while a tall chest of drawers can offer the same storage space without taking up so much space in your room.
* Chests: A chest placed at the foot of your bed can add a fresh look and provides you with more storage area.
* Television: If you’re going to place a television in your room, make plans where to place it.
It could be placed in an armoire with space specifically for a television.
This is a nice look because you can close up the armoire and hide the television when you’re not using it.
If you are limited in space, you can place your television on your dressing (but do consider the size and weigh of the television) or invest in a television wall mount that will clear up a lot of space in your room.
* Comfy Chair or Coach: If you have room for a comfy chair or coach, consider adding one.
It adds another comfortable place for TV-watching or curling up with a good book.
Overall, make sure that you have enough space for the furniture you’d like, with plenty of space to move about the room.
Make sure you also have enough storage space to eliminate the clutter in your room.
The more space you have, the more comfortable your bedroom environment will be.