If you don’t have the time or the money for a full home renovation, here are 10 quick decorating tips to add a little excitement and style to your home:
1. Wallpaper borders: You don’t have to paint or fully cover walls to add a bit more interest.
Try wallpaper borders. They come in a wide variety of colors, patterns and shapes.
2. Add a Throw Rug: Even if you already have a carpeted room, you can add a brightly colored or uniquely patterned rug for a different look.
You can place them at floor level, mid-level or up at the ceiling. Get creative!
3. Put Valances on the Window: A window valance is simply a small decorative curtain.
It’s much shorter and it’s only function is to look pretty on a bare window or a window with blinds.
4. Keep Your Home Organized: Okay, that doesn’t really sound like a decorating tip, but the more organized and uncluttered your home is, the better it will look and the more comfortable it will feel.
5. Try New Ceiling Lighting or a New Lamp: It’s amazing what a difference lighting can make in a home.
Update your look with some new lighting.
6. Add Color: There are so many ways to add color to your home.
You can do it with towels, throw pillows, table skirts, folding screens, new bedsheets and more.
7. Paint Your Cabinets: Not ready for new cabinets?
If you have wooden cabinets, you can easily paint them with acrylic paint made for wood.
8. Decorate Your Walls: Add paintings, framed photographs, art-work, candle sconces or whatever suits your fancy.
9. Add New Decorative Light Switch Covers: Forget about plain and boring white or beige light covers.
Add some excitement to the room.
10. Add Cushions to Your Chair: Not only will it create a new look for your chairs, but it might cover up some of those scratches that build over time.
11. Change Your Door Handles: Door handles aren’t too complicated to change and come in a variety of styles and color choices.
12. Add Candles, Vases or other Centerpieces to Your Tables: You can try pillar candles in various sizes placed on a decorative plate, a brightly colored vase with fresh flowers or another unique centerpiece to add beauty to any room.
Not all home makeovers require a contractor and thousands of dollars.
If you have a bit of time this weekend, now’s the perfect time to get started with these great ideas.